The Conservative Cave© - A Conservative Political Forum
April 17, 2014, 04:22:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to The Conservative Cave©!
Join in the discussion!  Click HERE to register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama is losing a battle he doesn't know he's in  (Read 14413 times)
bijou
Topic Moderator

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:53:20 pm »

Barack Obama's chances of making a fresh start in US relations with the Muslim world, and the Middle East in particular, appear to diminish with each new wave of Israeli attacks on Palestinian targets in Gaza. That seems hardly fair, given the president-elect does not take office until January 20. But foreign wars don't wait for Washington inaugurations.

Obama has remained wholly silent during the Gaza crisis. His aides say he is following established protocol that the US has only one president at a time. Hillary Clinton, his designated secretary of state, and Joe Biden, the vice-president-elect and foreign policy expert, have also been uncharacteristically taciturn on the subject.

But evidence is mounting that Obama is already losing ground among key Arab and Muslim audiences that cannot understand why, given his promise of change, he has not spoken out. Arab commentators and editorialists say there is growing disappointment at Obama's detachment - and that his failure to distance himself from George Bush's strongly pro-Israeli stance is encouraging the belief that he either shares Bush's bias or simply does not care.

The Al-Jazeera satellite television station recently broadcast footage of Obama on holiday in Hawaii, wearing shorts and playing golf, juxtaposed with scenes of bloodshed and mayhem in Gaza. Its report criticising "the deafening silence from the Obama team" suggested Obama is losing a battle of perceptions among Muslims that he may not realise has even begun.
link

I'll give the 'Arab Street' 3 months before they start burning Obama effigies.

jendf

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 02:50:37 pm »

Surely, if Obama just sits down with the towel heads over tea, the crisis will be resolved. Obama promised us this was possible when he was campaigning. I find it very hard to believe that The One would lie to us like this.
miskie
Mailman for the VRWC

Digitalglobe's CEO.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:06:09 pm »

Where is M. Moore ? Shouldn't he be putting together a 'watch this shot' style montage ?  Hello ? Bueller ?
Jim

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:34:00 pm »

There is no positive for the arabs to have the zero seen as a friend of theirs.  But it is beneficial to have his sorry ass in the oval office relative to McCain.  But every American president will be a crusader, thats just a given.

My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.
jinxmchue

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 09:37:17 am »

The liberals loved to claim that when 9/11 was happening, President Bush just sat in that Florida classroom and did nothing.

So where are they now when Obama was on vacation while Gaza burned?
Baruch Menachem
In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination

do the best you can with what you can

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 04:14:17 pm »

To be fair, I don't want him to say anything right now.

An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Chris_

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 04:22:32 pm »

To be fair, I don't want him to say anything right now.

He is a painfully stupid man -- his handlers will provide him with the words when needed.  Other than that, the standard "uh uh uh" will no doubt be what we get.

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.
DumbAss Tanker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 07:01:09 am »

He is a painfully stupid man -- his handlers will provide him with the words when needed.  Other than that, the standard "uh uh uh" will no doubt be what we get.

I can't agree that he is stupid, he is however extremely ignorant about US foreign policy and has a certain 'Arrogance of ignorance' in that he knows he dare not demonstrate that ignorance too openly, but must instead appear to be decisive and visionary, which could well lead to disastrous courses of action in pursuit of that appearance.  Above and beyond ignorance, which would be curable give the right advice (as opposed to the kind he'll actually get), his biggest problem is not intelligence but his fundamental personality, which is that of a dithering  intellectual who does not like to commit to a definite course of action until well after the outcome has become entirely predictable.  This core personality trait means he is extremely out of his comfort zone when making decisions in conditions of uncertainty and will over-intellectualize and over-analyze the decisions he does have to make.   

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice
debk
Topic Moderator

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 08:27:29 am »

Some talking head on one of the Fox shows yesterday said that whether anyone will admit to it....the US essentially has 2 presidents right now.

President Bush is taking care of what's going on in the mid east....Iraq, A-stan, P-stan, India, and now the Gaza/Israeli mess.

Whereas Obama has seemingly taken over the economic situation.

If you think about it....Obama is very visible with talking about what he's going to do with the economy, but is basically silent regarding anything in the mid east.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.
Eupher

U.S. Army, Retired

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 08:58:26 am »

I can't agree that he is stupid, he is however extremely ignorant about US foreign policy and has a certain 'Arrogance of ignorance' in that he knows he dare not demonstrate that ignorance too openly, but must instead appear to be decisive and visionary, which could well lead to disastrous courses of action in pursuit of that appearance.  Above and beyond ignorance, which would be curable give the right advice (as opposed to the kind he'll actually get), his biggest problem is not intelligence but his fundamental personality, which is that of a dithering  intellectual who does not like to commit to a definite course of action until well after the outcome has become entirely predictable.  This core personality trait means he is extremely out of his comfort zone when making decisions in conditions of uncertainty and will over-intellectualize and over-analyze the decisions he does have to make.   

Excellent analysis. 

Adams E1 euphonium
Edwards B454 bass trombone
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba
Shen SB-180 double bass (we're talkin' strings, baby)
Mouthpiece data provided on request.
docstew

My Wife is awesome!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 09:35:16 am »

Some talking head on one of the Fox shows yesterday said that whether anyone will admit to it....the US essentially has 2 presidents right now.

President Bush is taking care of what's going on in the mid east....Iraq, A-stan, P-stan, India, and now the Gaza/Israeli mess.

Whereas Obama has seemingly taken over the economic situation.

If you think about it....Obama is very visible with talking about what he's going to do with the economy, but is basically silent regarding anything in the mid east.

i was thinking that same thought yesterday when he was talking about his "stimulus package" nationalization of vital industry plan.  he certainly doesn't seem to want to let there be "one president at a time" on the economy...
franksolich
Scourge of the Primitives
Topic Moderator

^^has noblesse oblige, which the primitives don't

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 09:37:27 am »

Excellent analysis. 

As usual; they always are.
Wineslob

Sucking the life out of Liberty

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 10:19:29 am »

What I find interesting is that during the elections this is exactly the man I saw. This may also explain why the Libtards were/are in love with his "persona", he is like them.
When listening to the BarakStar!!!! today, I find that he is sounding more and more "wooden" on a daily basis.

Excellent analysis BTW.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

Obama preaches drinking water to us, but drinks wine instead.

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"
Chris_

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 12:17:02 pm »

He may be street smart, but he is an intellectual lightweight.  His only ability is the ability to read a teleprompter.  He is basically a dark-skinned Ted Knight.

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.
BlueStateSaint
Here I come to save the day, because I'm a

RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 11:31:55 am »

And today there's Iranians burning his picture in Teheran . . .

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

Esse quam videri.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CONSERVATIVE CAVE

E-Mail the Administrator

FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such materials available in an effort to advance understanding of current issues. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the included information for educational or informational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use,’ you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. Please refer to this link for DMCA Information